SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#295402 - 10/04/10 03:40 PM "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just got a "Dear Sir" email from Ketron. They probably got my email address from here.

Looks like they're selling directly from their site.

Ted and crew should know by now that I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH KETRON!

Don't waste my tome and yours!~

Russ

#295403 - 10/04/10 03:42 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ,

I've been getting them for a couple months now.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#295404 - 10/04/10 04:02 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Russ,

I can empathize with Ketron. When I worked for Generalmusic, the biggest problem was not having enough retailers around the U.S. And I know first hand how difficult it is to get a store owner to stock a product that is not one of the main brands. I truly felt that GEM had products that competed easily with other brands and I'm sure Ketron does as well. But if stores won't stock them, then some other avenue has to be explored. When a customer contacted me or the GEM offices complaining that a there was no local dealer, we offered to sell them direct with a return policy and then send the profit to the closest dealer with the understanding that the dealer would service the instrument if needed.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
The Modulators

#295405 - 10/04/10 04:47 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
captain Russ Offline

Hey, Dave. These guys have tried to sell direct and specifically asked that existing dealers (many of which knew what was going on, including several who frequent here) not be told.

That's a whole different sneaky animal.
It's just wrong, and eliminates any loyalty or trust I have in them.

I even called management. Got a promise to "check things out", but no positive change.
In any other industry, they'd be toast!

They either need go direct or not, but NEVER sell around authorized dealers. You can't have it both way, guys.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 10-04-2010).]

#295406 - 10/04/10 05:58 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
zuki Offline

I got that email too. I forwarded it to Ian

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#295407 - 10/04/10 09:36 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
Dnj Offline

Yea but they have live drums

#295408 - 10/04/10 11:23 PM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Just got a "Dear Sir" email from Ketron. They probably got my email address from here.

Looks like they're selling directly from their site.

Ted and crew should know by now that I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH KETRON!

Don't waste my tome and yours!~

Russ

Russ what does the email actually say from Ketron, they have been selling through Thomann for a while now at reduced RP, this is the way the World is going, get your customer to tick satisfaction boxes and you are away.
If I wanted to buy a Ipad, would I need to touch and feel it before I bought it, no you would probably buy it over the internet .
It is a shame the way things are going but you are either on the bus or off! http://www.thomann.de/gb/ketron_audya_4.htm

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#295409 - 10/05/10 08:11 AM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Dear sir

Here at Ketron we would like to reintroduce ourselves with our latest line up of arranger workstations and multimedia expanders.

For the last 5 years we have worked on new sound technology which incorporates audio files alongside midi sounds for patterns (styles) and now we are showcasing the new Audya series which has a flagship 76 key keyboard and a 61 key keyboard (audya 5) and a multimedia expander (audya 4).

For more info on these instruments please visit www.ketron.com

If you would like to try out these new units contact us at.

CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

Russ..

What in this email do you find so offensive..

Ted Kraus

#295410 - 10/05/10 08:31 AM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
captain Russ Offline

Tony, at Summer NAMM 4 years ago, a company representative (he's still around) offered to sell me a board directly, as long as I didn't tell any existing dealers. Based on that, I bought two Yamaha digital grands for two restaurants I played, FROM SOMEONE ELSE!

A short time later, when the SD-5 was introduced, I was offered a deal directly from the same person, and told to write the check to THAT PERSON, not a store or other business, and asked not to tell any approved dealers.

Didn't have to. George Kaye and others already knew what was going on.

In any other industry, dealers would have resigned. Honorable business people just don't sell around established channels.

Every year, when I go to NAMM, I find something I want. In EVERY case, but this one and from a couple of new guys with no established distribution channel, the distributor took my name and had an authorized dealer contact me. I bought from that authorized dealer.

I called Ted to tell him what's up and got a promise to "check it out". Then, I saw Ketron available on ebay, with an origination point that looked like the distributor headquarters, with the account in a principal's name.

This email originates from Ketron, not the organization you mentioned. If there has been a decision to sell direct, that's fine.

But, selling direct, around distribution, with checks made out to an individual associated with management, telling customers not to mention the deal to approved dealers is NOT FINE!

I've been in the channel/distribution management business for over 30 years, and this is the biggest "no-no" in the industry.

It's a shame, really, because I really prefer Ketron to other boards. My SD-5 and Midjay mostly remain in the boxes. I play my MS-60's because I got them from a dealer associated with the previous distributor.

Lou and crew were the best!

Russ

#295411 - 10/05/10 08:39 AM Re: "Dear Sir" Email From Ketron....
captain Russ Offline

Ted-see my response to Tony above. Evidently, you have forgotten my phone call from several years ago. I'm not the only one who has brought this up in direct contact with you.

R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online